grub is gone

Paul Pianta pantz at lqt.ca
Fri Jul 2 19:23:08 UTC 2004

Hans Müller wrote:

>Linux is on /dev/sdd3
>the boot hdd form bios is /dev/sda
>the first time i have install grub where with the installation of FC2. grub
>works fine until windows has kill it. grrrrrrrrr.

Well I'm really confused about your disk setup. :/

If you installed linux on /dev/sdd then you will probably need
'grub-install /dev/sdd'. But you're saying that the machine boot's from
/dev/sda so I'm not sure it will work. Which disk is windows installed on?

Maybe PXE boot into linux and show us what 'df -h' gives. 'fdisk -l
/dev/sda' and 'fdisk -l /dev/sdd' might be useful for us to help too.

pantz

--
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes ...
That way when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!