file-roller and bzip files

Andre Costa acosta at ar.microlink.com.br
Fri Jul 2 23:45:37 UTC 2004

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 12:33:23 -0300
Mariano Draghi <mdraghi at prosud.com> wrote:

> ... I see. I suppose I have a very wrong naming-habit, and the
> previous file-roller version let me live with it ;)
>
> /me feels REALLY stupid!
>
> Now, I'm going to do some "find ..." and "mv ..." on my own tarballs
> (I still can't believe it!)

Just as a side note, "rename" should be helpful on this case:

rename .bz .gz *.tar.bz

or maybe even (WARNING: untested command ahead)

rename .bz .gz $(find . -name \*.tar.bz)

should do the trick for you (NOTE: read the manual and make some
backups/tests before trying it full-scale, just in case)

HTH

Andre

--
Andre Oliveira da Costa