[fc2] noise during playing audio

Randy Kelsoe randykel at swbell.net
Sat Jul 3 15:22:59 UTC 2004

zbyszek pietras wrote:

>hi,
>
>I just installed FC2 and it seems all is working property but I hear a noise
>from speakers. System sound play a very well (except noise) but when I try
>play a audio CD I heard a bad quality, silent sounds. My old RH9 play very
>well. What's going on? I have a SB sound card alias Ensoniq 5880 AudioPCI
>(snd-ens1371 modul).

I had the same card when I was running RH9. When I installed the alsa
drivers, I got a lot of noise and distortion. I seem to remember also
having problems with a USB Compact Flash reader, and when I unplugged
the reader, the sound worked fine. You might also want to check out this
howto:

    http://www.djcj.org/LAU/guide/audio_quality_HOWTO.htm#cheap