Linux audio player

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Jul 4 15:06:11 UTC 2004

On Sunday 04 July 2004 09:17, Mike wrote:
>Good evening everyone,
>

>I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good audio player for
> Linux. I am currently running Fedora Core 1. I looked at XMMS,
> which is really nice, but it lacks a good library management
> system. I don't know if anyone has used WinAmp 5 for windows yet,
> but I really like the library management system it has, and would
> like to use something on my Linux box like that.
>

>-Mike

Methinks you malaign xmms without looking at its menus at all.  Its
selection of inout/output libraries is pretty good, but due to mp3
lisenceing concerns, you may have to go find the mp3 player stuff and
install it seperately from the xmms install.

--
Cheers, Gene
There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty.