Help on DNS mistake ?

Philippe phd2 at fcomfrench.com
Sun Jul 4 15:10:47 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have the well-known problem with Openoffice which does a dns-lookup
when you launch it or open a document. This is taking a long time (half
minute) and I think the problem is some mistakes with localdomain, etc
on my computer. By the way, I am on a dialup connection.
I have a domain name and an IP adress, but all this for my private local
network. IP : 192.168.0.1 / Domain name : AAA

OO is making a DNS-lookup , using the DNS server of my dialup
connection, to try to find my private domain-name AAA.
>From Ethereal : (UDP)
DNS Standard Query : localhost.AAA
DNS Standard Query Response : No such name

My /etc/hosts :
192.168.0.1     P4.AAA
127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain

I know I write something wrong, or I missed something. But where ?
Thanks to help me ;-)

Philippe
--
Philippe, Chiangmai, Thailand(e)