Dial-up problems

mistere at rageagainst.net mistere at rageagainst.net
Sun Jul 4 17:38:56 UTC 2004

I'm dialing up (blech) from linux using KPPP to an MSN connection.  I
connect fine, but when i'm on, it takes forever to resolve the host.  Once
the host is found, the page loads normally, but it can take between 10 and
30 seconds to resolve the host!  Anyone have any ideas?  BTW, setting DNS
to automagic doesn't seem to work at all in kppp, and putting the DNS in
manually gives me the problems listed above.  I've manually configured a
dial-up account in windows and it doesn't give me the problem, so it's not
any magic secret with MSN software.  Thanks in advance for any help.