cvs missing parts and up2date and yum failures

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sun Jul 4 18:36:08 UTC 2004

I tried setting up cvs on yarrow and couldn't find cvsinit script anywhere
on the system and this was a custom type install with everything
installed.  Some of cvs was on the system, but I'm wondering if cvsinit is
even in the source rpms.  yum just complains about bad headers and won't
allow me to clean them off the machine and the servers are gone for that
updates install route.  The up2date servers are not down, but cracked
packages may be on some of those mirrors.  I can't be sure about this
because although tcl-html new version I forget the number consistently
fails its gpg test, and mailman new version did a couple times last night
other packages above them did not.  I have a broadband cable connection
though and suspect it of poor transmission quality because it could never
successfully download disc3.iso or disc4.iso for tettnang from the
linux-speakup.org source which is where us screen reader users get our
copies of Linux operating systems most of the time.  I used rsync to
synchronize downloads and though rsync said it was successful the media
check failed on both discs consistently.  There was a new version of rsync
downloaded in the batch of updates, so I'll try those downloads again and
see if better results can be had.