applications:/// is read only, how do you edit menus with FC2

Francis Stevens Francis.Stevens at bristow.co.uk
Mon Jul 5 16:09:21 UTC 2004

I'm running FC2 and I'm trying to setup some personal menus (like I had
with Gnome1), I've found that I can't have a new menu but must add to
the applications:/// menu. However, when I try to create a new folder
under applications:/// nautilus crashes, if I try to add a launcher I'm
told that the folder is readonly.

I've search the mail list archives and found something about
default-modules.conf in /etc/gnome-vfs-2.0 but when I copy over the
default-modules.conf.with-menu-editing I lose all the menus!! There must
be another step but I can't find out what it is.

Any pointers appreciated (if the answer is RTFM can you please say where
the FM is).