Hardware RAID 1 - which card ?

Hannes Mayer h.mayer at inode.at
Mon Jul 5 18:13:27 UTC 2004

Hi all!

Some folks on this list recommend 3ware cards, but I just checked
the prices and they range from 179Euros to 999(!)Euros, so the
range is pretty broad.

Which card(s) (any brand) do you recommend for an ATA hardware RAID 1,
which runs flawlessly on kernel 2.6 (FC2) ?

I want a hardware RAID 1 not for speed nor will it be deployed
in a high performance server, but I want good protection of my data
against harddisk failure and not having to reinstall the system in
case of a failure is nice too.

I don't like software RAID - I've a much better feeling when the
card itself handles the mirroring.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Hannes.