OT: Want to Build PC for Fedora Use - Hardware Questions

Robert Crowther robertc at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 23:15:03 UTC 2004

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 12:05:24 -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz
<rpaiz at simpaticus.com> wrote:
> Well, you mentioned being used to the driver issues, but you *will* have an
> easier time with a mid-range ATI card based on the R200 chip (like the
> 7200)

I have a Radeon 8500 running very happily (on an A7V333 m/b) and have
no problems with the open source drivers getting OpenGL and
everything.  I assume that's still the R200 chipset, but the Radeon
9200 is basically the same card and should be fine for games and
stuff.

Rob