DOS programs on Linux?

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Jul 5 23:31:59 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-05 at 19:18, Thomas Sapp wrote:
> I am attempting to do something similar to this.  I want to convert all my
> computers over to linux but do not want to give up my games.  I have
> downloaded and installed wine and so far it seems the only application that
> I can get to work is notepad.  explorer.exe, iexplore.exe, regedit.exe,
> cmd.exe and a host of other "native" windows applications will not even run.
> Enough mumbling.  Any help would be appreciated.

I evaluated crossover office earlier this year.  It appeared to work
fairly well for several windows applications.  The major item which made
it unusable for my purposes was poor support for quickbooks.

If you do go with crossover office make sure you have a machine that is
at least 1.7 GHz and minimum 512MB of memory.  Less than that and it
becomes very painful.

Programs such as excel worked very well with it.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Maybe we could paint GOLDIE HAWN a rich PRUSSIAN BLUE --