DOS programs on Linux?

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Tue Jul 6 00:00:44 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-05 at 19:49, Gregory Gulik wrote:
> Does Quicken work with Crossover Office, or any of the other emulators???
>
> That's one of the few programs I still use windows for regularly and
> would love to use on Linux.  I tried GnuCash a couple times and found it
> unacceptable.

Not sure about Quicken.  I tried Quickbooks and was able to get it to
work with very basic options.  But it died if I tried to use the more
complex features of the package.  It was also some what slow
responding.

It may work well for Quicken.  You can get an evaluation copy of
crossover office to try it.

We will be looking for a pure linux solution to replace quickbooks.
Probably SQL-Ledger.  I have it installed but have not started
evaluating it yet.  The write ups look promising however.

I suspect that package would be over kill as a replacement for quicken.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Revolution, n.:
	In politics, an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment.
		-- Ambrose Bierce