nightmare...

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Jul 6 16:08:33 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 06.07.2004 schrieb Jonathan Ng um 17:40:

> I'm having the worst nightmare of my life! I
> highlighted my problems with booting up Windows after
> installing FC2.
>
> A kind soul pointed me to a manual, and I also did
> Googled the problem. Tried doing it to no avail.
>
> Finally, I got sick and tired of FC2. And tried to
> re-install Windows XP. I tried repairing, I tried
> installing Suse Linux, I even removed the entire swap
> and ext3 partition. But Windows NEVER boots up. Now,
> my hard disk is nearly useless. All thanks to the
> wonderful F-ing FC2.
>
> Can anyone help me?
>
> By the way, it seems that this problem was around
> since FC1, why the hell didn't they fix it?!?!

If you mean the "Windows[tm] dual-boot problem", then no, it arose with
kernel 2.6 and was no issue with FC1.

***WinXP Dual boot problems***
So you've installed Fedora Core 2 and now you can't boot into Windows
XP...STOP RIGHT THERE! Quit playing with that partition table. Go here
for the fix:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-May/msg00908.html

And: http://www.fedorafaq.org/#nodualboot

I guess you mean that with "nightmare". Many struggled, many solved
their problem following the instructions. It would be more useful if you
tell us what you don't understand or at which state you fail. Just to
blame about FC2 is ...

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.6-1.435.2.3
Serendipity 18:04:00 up 1 day, 17:46, load average: 0.27, 0.34, 0.29