nightmare...

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Tue Jul 6 16:12:09 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 11:40, Jonathan Ng wrote:
> I'm having the worst nightmare of my life! I
> highlighted my problems with booting up Windows after
> installing FC2.

You probably corrupted your MBR.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/reskit/en-us/prkd_tro_ldau.asp

> A kind soul pointed me to a manual, and I also did

> By the way, it seems that this problem was around
> since FC1, why the hell didn't they fix it?!?!

There really is no problem to fix. The simple solution to dual boot is
to use Partition Magic and then to make sure that you install the Linux
boot sector in separate space.

--
                            David Cary Hart
Hart's PGP key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x58A60BB1