redhat tutorial

jludwig wralphie at comcast.net
Tue Jul 6 17:51:33 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 13:01, damon fister wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> My freind and I are looking to start a project that could be
> incorporated into Fedora/RHEL. It would be a new user tutorial, similar
> to ones that you see on other OS's (we won't mention names here) when a
> user first uses the desktop. It would have the goal of getting a new
> Linux users acclimated to Fedora/RHEL quickly. Users would be shown the
> basics briefly, how to start programs, move resize windows, etc. and
> highlight linux specific items in particular, using workspace switcher,
> Up2date and application alternatives. We would like as much feedback as
> we can get and if there are any projects like this currently in
> development.
>
> Damon Fister
All for it, since, when I learned Linux I had no internet connections
and learned from man pages and HowTo's.

I was considering doing a web page with basic Fedora/Linux issues and
have been collecting fedora-list posts for some time for this reason.

Let me/us know what contributions you are looking for and if capable I
will help where possible.
--
jludwig <wralphie at comcast.net>