Linksys WPC54G PCMCIA Wireless card

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Tue Jul 6 20:30:37 UTC 2004

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Dana-Renee Lee wrote:

> Since Cisco took over Linksys they have been Non-Compos-Mentis,
> In other words there support has sucked!!!
>
> I have sent several e-mails asking when they would have a Linux
> driver for this and have NEVER RECEIVED ANY RETURN MAIL!!!
>
> I was pointed to Broadcom but thay must also be owned by CISCO
> as that too are stupit, deaf, and dumb as there too was not answer to my
> questions!
>
> Does anyone on this list have any information on using this
> piece of hardware?
>
> Renee Lee
> Strong Suggestion BOYCOTT LINKSYS AND IF POSSIBLE CISCO TOO!!!!

You appear vent anger in this e-mail - not looking for solutions.

The linux wireless scene is wierd. You can't say - 'buy products from
this company - and it will work with linux'. Its more like 'these
chipset based products will be supported by these drivers'.

I have an atheros based wireless card supported by madwifi
driver. [IBM/Phillips which claim to make it don't say anything about
linux support]

For broadcomm based chipsets - your alternatives are:

  - investgate ndiswrapper or linuxant drivers (google)
  - look for a different card with better drivers.

Satish