redhat tutorial

Christopher K. Johnson ckjohnson at gwi.net
Wed Jul 7 00:04:47 UTC 2004

bryan at redfedora.co.uk wrote:

>>I was considering doing a web page with basic Fedora/Linux issues and
>>have been collecting fedora-list posts for some time for this reason.
>>
>>Let me/us know what contributions you are looking for and if capable I
>>will help where possible.
>>--
>>

>I've been doing a similar thing - I just archived off all my Fedora posts
>this evening. I think you're on the right track with this one. I don't know
>if you've seen the weekly FAQ posted in here but that was an equally good
>idea to give people a leg up.
>
>My first linux book still sits on my shelf as a reminder, all dog eared with
>umpteen page markers glued in and referenced. Anything that gives people a
>hand I'm all for.
>
>Bryan

Great idea.  The problem will be balancing the need to cover basics for
beginners, and perhaps written for a non-technical audience, with some
structure that allows people to click in to see more detail and
increasing complexity where they have an interest.

I recommend people work on an outline of topics covered first, and then
choose from the wealth of sources between list archives, how-tos, etc.
for material to rewrite and incorporate with an eye toward constency,
style, and the intended audience.

And there is a project for documentation, which may already have a lot
of this hashed out.  No sense in re-inventing or competing here.  See
http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/docs/

Have fun contributing.  I think beginner's documentation is a great idea.

Chris