redhat tutorial

Brett Lyon blyon10024 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 7 01:39:04 UTC 2004

All your FC2 problems solved at:
http://www.mandrakelinux.com/

I have used RH distros since RH 5.0 and it has been
both challenging and rewarding to debug, tweak, and
generally geek out with each release. But I am just a
small time web developer, needing a good stable linux
environment for PERL, Apache, scripting etc.  Over the
weekend I upgraded from RH 9.0 to FC2 and found,
shooting for par with a RH distro, no sound, no
multimedia, mal-KDE-treatment, bad package management
etc. etc ETC ETC.  So I installed Mandrake 10.0 today
after fighting with FC2 for 3 days, and am having the
best Linux experience of my life. This is the distro
for people who are not full-time hard-core
(vegan-ASCII-text-only) hackers, its for real users,
small guys, yes, ACTUAL people, who  don't want to
have to troubleshoot the same system configuration
problems over and ove again, who don't care about
issues with multimedia licenses, who like Linux
because it is fun to hack and script, not to
contribute unpaid intellectual labor to a company that
pretty much made it apparent that I am not a client
they should care about...good-bye from the small guy.

#mv FC2 /local/public/library/donations/bin