rhythmbox

Wayne Steenburg w.steenburg at myactv.net
Wed Jul 7 03:19:49 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 22:08, Scott A Phipps wrote:
> I had gaim playing sounds while rhythmbox was playing/paused.  Now I
> can't get it to work.  I have no idea what changed.  I had changed the
> audio sink in gstreamer-properties to esd to get it functional before,
> but now that does not work.  In trying to figure out how to get it back,
> I noticed that there are new stable versions of gstreamer and associated
> software that appear to have relevant bug fixes.  Does anyone know if
> there is an update for FC2 planned?  I tried to install the rawhide rpms
> that are the newer versions, but they need a newer libstdc++ or
> something, and I was not prepared to go that far.
>
> Thanks, and sorry for the rambling
>
> Scott

I've had/am having issues with Rhythmbox as well.  Until it's worked
out, I've found Zinf to be an acceptable alternative.  You can find it
at:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/zinf/zinf-2.2.5-1.i386.rpm?download

You might get a dependency error depending on your current setup. The
package is part of Fedora so use the tool of your choice to obtain
libmusicbrainz.

Wayne Steenburg