Odd Impact on 3D Games after Xorg upgrade

Mark Eggers mdeggers at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 7 06:52:53 UTC 2004

> Has anyone else noticed a change in performance on Tuxracer and
> Neverland after the latest Xorg upgrades?  After the game is started,
> the movement is very sensitive to the direction keys, appears to
> overreact.  Tuxracer was working fine after the latest nvidia driver
> upgrade.  Would appreciate any ideas on a fix?  The rest of the programs
> and desktop appears to work fine.  I use Gnome but saw the same affect
> in KDE.

This has been discussed recently.  You'll need to re-install the NVidia
drivers.  I did, and was pleasantly surprised by the performance gain.
It looks like the new version of X plus the latest NVidia drivers is
about 10% faster than the previous versions.

This of course means I can lose faster at UT2004 . . . lol.

/mde/
just my two cents . . .