Changing default kernel

PFJ paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Wed Jul 7 07:55:28 UTC 2004

Hi,

> I've been downloading the new kernel versions as they come
> out for my version of Fedora Core 2. They seem to load
> fine, how do I change my boot loader (GRUB I think) so that
> it loads the latest kernel version by default?

Normally when you upgrade a kernel, grub should change to select the
newer kernel. However...

su
vi /boot/grub/grub.conf

There is a line which says "default=x" (where x >= 0)

Change this to

default=0
:wq!

and that's it. It will always default to the kernel at the top of the
list.

TTFN

Paul
--
"If I face my God tomorrow, I can tell Him I am innocent.
I've never harmed anyone. I have cheated no one.