Can Anyone Help?

wrgraves2 wrgraves2 at netzero.net
Wed Jul 7 11:09:32 UTC 2004

Hello People,
	I'll try this a second time before giving up. I recently upgraded?? from RH
7.3 to FC-2. Before the upgrade?? my Epson Stylus C62 printer worked
perfectly. After the upgrade??, nothing. Have run system-config-printer as
root. With the 'config' added a local printer with the name 'Epson'. Goto
rescan the device, nothing so add a custom device as /dev/lp0 for a parallel
printer. Set the printer model as Epson Stylus C62 which I find and note that
the driver is correct. I'm ask if I want to print a test page and I say yes.
Nothing and the dialog box says 'Printer not connected'. (Printer IS
connected to the computer and is on!) Run lpq and am told that the Epson is
ready and printing which it most certainly isn't. I've wasted hours with this
to no avail. Does anyone have a clue as to why I can't get this to work? This
upgrade?? is most frustrating.
Thanks
Bill Graves