Strange characters in "make xconfig"

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Wed Jul 7 13:19:58 UTC 2004

Raúl Moratalla wrote:

> Thanks a lof Bob, this solved the problem. I had select as font "Sans"
> and xconfig was showing the font "Standard symbols". I have selected as
> font "Standard symbols" and now xconfig is displayed using "Sans". I
> don't know why this happens, but the problem is resolved :)

That has been my experience, exactly.
Running qtconfig and changing the font does the trick,
but I've never been able to work out why,
or seen any sensible explanation.

Also, I'm running FC-2 on 4 very different machines,
and I only got this problem on one of them -
again, I couldn't work out why.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366