Can I use apt-get to upgrade my Fedora Core 1 to FC2?

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Wed Jul 7 21:31:48 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-07 at 21:05, Satish Balay wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Samsara Zeal wrote:
>
> > I am wondering if I can upgrade my current FC1 to the new FC2 by using
> > apt-get directly?
> > Is there any successful examples?
> > Any suggestions? Any risks?
>
> Not sure about apt - but there are some instructions for yum at:
> http://linux.duke.edu/~skvidal/misc/fc1-fc2-yum-hints.txt

For FC1 -> FC2 apt upgrades see
http://laiskiainen.org/apt/misc/fc1-fc2-apt-hints.txt
(and if you have a strange sense of dejavu, yes it's based on the yum
upgrade hints text, the issues are very much the same with both)

Bottom line: if your system uses LVM, just FORGET IT, it's going to be a
mess. Otherwise you just need to tinker a little bit more than when
upgrading with anaconda and mind you, even anaconda leaves some loose
ends to fix on FC1->2 upgrade.

	- Panu -