system-config-network broken?

Marc Williams marcw at onlymooo.com
Wed Jul 7 23:39:53 UTC 2004

I've got a fully-patched wonderfully working FC2 machine.

I wanted to change my DNS settings and so fired up the network GUI,
system-network-config, made my changes there and then saved.  But my CPU
meter spiked and wouldn't come down.  I waited for over 3 minutes and it
still stayed at 100%.  It never did save my settings before I killed
things manually.  I tried this twice with the same results both times.

I can't imagine that there's some secret about using the network GUI.  I
thought I'd post here to see if anyone knows anything about this before
I go in and change DNS settings the old fashioned way.

Thanks for any feedback!