No checksum on Fedora project disk FC2-i386-disc3.iso

Yuri Pesenson ypesenso at bellatlantic.net
Thu Jul 8 00:21:48 UTC 2004

Hello, everybody!
I need a help with a very ordinary problem. I wanted to install the
latest Linux version (Fedora project). For that I downloaded images of
four installation disks for Pentium-4 based PC from the Red Hat server
(dated 5/13/04) and then copied them on my CDs. I chose installation of
the Linux workstation for which three CDs (1,2, and 3) were required.
The installation proceeded smoothly until the third disk
(FC2-i386-disc3.iso) was needed. When inserted into CD reader it came
with an error. The subsequent check of that media revealed that the disk
doesn't  have the checksum (MD5sum).
Assuming that something went wrong during the copying I made another
copy. Same result. Then I downloaded that disk image the second time and
copied it again. No change... Still no checksum.
What's wrong with the image and where I can get a valid third disk?

Thanks a lot!

Yuri Pesenson
ypesenso at bellatlantic.net