PPPoE ADSL Connection not working!

Victor Nian goldlion_n at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 8 03:07:31 UTC 2004

Hi,

    I'm new to linux. Days ago I decided to install Fedora Core 2 and the installation went smoothly INCLUDING the dual-boot. However,my linux just won't connect to the internet. Unlike other cases,the PPPoE doesn't work or maybe I don't whether it is working properly. What I encountered is like this: I have configured my xdsl connection and I imput all the required information like gateway,subnet adress,IP adress of that adsl modern,and also my username and password for my ISP. However,after i activated the device in the Network option, indeed it was activated, but I just can't browse any webpage with a warning like this: XXXXXXX name is not correct. Appreciate kind help! And sorry about any confusion caused due to my language.

Victor