SELinux

Terry Linhardt linhardt at swbell.net
Thu Jul 8 06:22:08 UTC 2004

I noted that Core 2 has Security Enhanced Linux available, but it is not
loaded by default. However, that "version" can be loaded as part of a
new installation.

Okay...I took a spare partition and loaded SELinux. It quickly became
apparent that I have *no idea* as to what I am doing with this version.

I searched for documentation, but found very little beyond Fedora
release notes on SELinux and minimal material from NSA.

At this stage I'm looking for pointers to some good reading material
about SELinux and how to use it. A quick Google search seemed to be
pretty sparse in terms of the types of things I was looking for. Any
help out there?

For starters, it appears like SELinux would be very nice to implement on
a "boundary" machine, a server exposed to the web or in a DMZ.

Thanks...Terry