Problems Installing Fedora Core 2 (UPDATE)

Kris Haight khaight at nhvt.net
Thu Jul 8 18:06:21 UTC 2004

Hi All-

So I followed Alex's instructions on installing via Text Mode. And taking
out the 'rhgb quite' (which will be removed permanently, because I dislike
graphical startup) and putting it into run level 3.

The first time did not work. It got to 'detecting new hardware' and froze.
2nd time it worked for some reason. And every time after that.

However, Alex suggested it was a video card, but I can load and use X with
no problem. I'll leave it running the screen saver while I go do errands and
see if it locks. Hmm?????

Also, is there a way to tell Fedora NOT to tell the hard disks to 'spin
down' on a warm reboot. I am sick of having to power cycle my machine to get
the controller to find my Deathstar hard disk.

TIA-

-- Kris