recomiling the kernel

Marcelo Manzato fed_usp at yahoo.com.br
Thu Jul 8 19:43:07 UTC 2004

But the modules aren't the same when I type make
oldconfig onto .config ? If yes, the .img file should
be the same for the new kernel, shouldn't be?
The only way the recompilation worked was doing the
following:

cp /boot/config... /usr/src/linux/.config
make oldconfig
make
make modules_install
make install

But before (when I had Windows XP installed together),
I did:
cp /boot/config... /usr/src/linux/.config
make oldconfig
make
make modules_install
cp arch/i386/boot/bzImage /boot
vi grub.conf (changes only in the kernel image)

and everything worked fine... now, I really don't know
what happened to be different!

Anyway, thanks all.

--- "Perera, Nelanka" <Nelanka.Perera at gs.com>
escreveu: > I've noticed that even if you compile in
some of the