Traffic shaping... don't understand the instructions!

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Thu Jul 8 21:59:16 UTC 2004

At 03:14 PM 7/8/2004, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
>On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Kenneth Porter wrote:
>
> > The same way you would for iptables: Write an initscript that restores them
> > from a config file. Until then, gather them in a script and invoke them in
> > rc.local.
>
>Or better yet:
>
>         /sbin/service iptables save
>
>The iptables initscript loads its config from /etc/sysconfig/iptables.
>Issuing the "service iptables save" command dumps the current iptables
>config to that file, and it will be automatically loaded on boot.

Matthew, are you wandering off-topic and answering Kenneth's comment on
iptables, or do you suggest that this would also save traffic shaping
rules? Because if it's the latter, I don't think that's true at all... OTOH
if it's the former, please stick to the topic; I'm confused enough already!

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com