mail folders

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr
Thu Jul 8 22:54:13 UTC 2004

ecowper at frontiernet.net wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've been around UNIX for a long time, mostly Solaris, but also Linux.
> However, it's all in a server/data center environment, never done the
> desktop *nix thing. So, after my wife's latest very nasty Windows
> malware experience, I moved her PC to Fedora Core 2. That went very
> well, with one major exception.
>
> I need to move her mail folders from Mozilla on Windows to Mozilla on
> FC2. Anyone done this or have any advice?

Well although am using Fedora Core 1 and not 2 , i have been using the
various versions of Mozilla since 1.4 . The folder format that the
Windows version of Mozilla uses is the very same one as the Linux
version of Mozilla .  So a simple copy will do the work .
But , please be carefull where you put things , so you will not
accidentally delete the current email .
Try this .
Go to the Fedora Core 2 box and launch Mozilla . Create a
fake account , for example WindowsMail .
Then simmply overwrite those files and you are done .

Kind Regards,
  Kostas