Assistance for newbies?

Carroll Grigsby cgrigs at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 9 02:16:00 UTC 2004

On Thursday 08 July 2004 09:25 pm, melgil88 wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-07-08 at 11:40, Scot L. Harris wrote:
> > I think this has been done, quite well I must say, by Lisa.  Check out
> > the message titled:
> >
> > Subject: Current Fedora Core 2 Problems & Solutions/Helpful Links
> >

> > Lisa, maybe you need to add the shouting back in.  :)
>
> I do think the shouting served a purpose, although maybe not so much of
> it was necessary.  I've thought of just putting "README: Current Fedora
> Core..." but I...uh...didn't want to get yelled at ;)

Lisa:
Your letters are a valuable resource. However, it seems that some folks aren't
seeing them. How come? Kinda hard to find in a very busy list. Solution: Make
them stand out. No need to shout, just fiddle with the Subject line: Readme:
is good. Or use three asterisks. Five zeroes. Add [For Newbies] at the front
of the subject line. In short, do whatever it takes to get attention (short
of a magenta background, yellow type, little thingies moving around and
background music). Those who may be offended know how to create filters.

Everyone else:
Don't even think about it.

-- cmg