Does gdb work in Fedora?

John McBride jmcbride at ccis.com
Fri Jul 9 05:42:39 UTC 2004

Michael Ubell wrote:
> (Sorry for the repost, I got it threaded into a different topic on my
> first send.)
>
> Gdb has major problems in Redhat Linux.  In RH9 it is almost useless
> for threaded programs.  (It actually worked better in RH7.something.)
> Today it refused to give me a stack trace for a single threaded process
> waiting on a pthread mutex.

Sorry I can't reply directly to the question, but for me the DDD
debugger has been broken for a couple of years and some kind soul(s)
actually got it working pretty well again.

I use FC1 with a group of developers, many of whom use gdb, ddd, and
threads to various levels, and all say they would not go back to any
previous release of redhat (in other words, things are working well).

Regards,
John