Mounting a NTFS filesystem

Daniel Ulfe danielulfe at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 10:00:40 UTC 2004

kernel of FC2 doesn't have ntfs modules compiled. You don'y need to
recomlile kerner nerver. You can download NTFS module for all kernel
version released .rpm format from:

http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/rpm/fedora2.html

Select your appropiate kernel version, plataform, etc, etc....You have
a .rpm for each kernel version. You must install with the kernel you
want to access NTFS up. If you don't have this kernel up. .rpm
installation fails.

To install this module

rpm -ivh kernel-ntfs-<your-version-and-platform>.rpm

Regards and remember you don't need recompile kernel to have NTFS.

Daniel