TV Tuner card (External, Internal)

peeyush peeyush at ncst.ernet.in
Fri Jul 9 10:58:33 UTC 2004

Hi,

I seek recommendations from someone who has a TV Tuner Card on Fedora. I
am running Fedora Core 2 on AMD 2.4 Gig machine. The experienced ones
should guide me about what features should one look for while buying a
TV Tuner Card. And by how much factor would the "Monitor", "AGP", "OS"
affect it.

The reason for concern is because I am already suffering from lack of
driver support for SiS chipset based motherboard (A7S266-VM/U2). This
ASUS motherboard has AGP4x support on board. However SiS is not
providing with required drivers for the AGP part (GLMatrix screensaver
runs dead slow on my pc). Third party drivers also lack the AGP support.
I have tried drivers from http://www.webit.at/~twinny/linuxsis630.shtml
also, but that didn't helped either.

Regards,
Peeyush