Invalid partition table

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Fri Jul 9 13:21:04 UTC 2004

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Reshat Sabiq wrote:

> I am trying to install FC 2 on a new Presario laptop. I tried twice, w/
> boot first at the end of the disk, and then between cylinders 1015-1024.
> Both times i got the message above at boot time. I tried also Force
> LBA-32 the w/ boot at end of disk (didn't help), and will try the same
> for 1015-1024.
>
> I'd appreciate any tips.
>
> Thanks,
> <rsa/>

So the install goes OK, but the problem occurs on booting the
installed system?  Is this a dual boot with Windows?  If so, does Windows
still boot?  During the install, did you get a dialog box about repairing
the partition table?  How did you respond?

Boot the Rescue CD or CD 1 in rescue mode and tell us the result of
"fdisk -l /dev/hda".

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences