tar for backup

Andrea Marin amarin at mr-service.it
Fri Jul 9 13:49:25 UTC 2004

Thank you for your information but my problem is different:

I have a script that make a backup of the folder mail.
Every day when the script is running the old mail.tar was delete and the
new mail.tar is create.
I don't want use the parameter date because I don't want more files
"mail-date.tar" for every day.
I need only one file but
I would like that the old file that is in the old .tar file are
confronts whit the new .tar file and only the difference are write in
the old .tar file.