ddclient is definitely not updating my dynamic IP address

Barry Yu barryyupuilee at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 9 15:11:54 UTC 2004

Nifty Hat Mitch wrote:

>On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 04:44:22PM -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
>

>>So all you have in your ddclient.conf file
>>

>I may be late to this ...
>
>This message was July 6 and you had the trouble for days.  There was
>some sort of denial of service attack on DynDNS on the 2nd which while
>undercontrol now contines.
>
>Can you update your data via the web interface?  Some tools that
>update DynDNS cache that last sucessful update and refuse to poke new
>data at the service without intervention.
>
>Anyhow, Perhaps there is some interaction with the attack.
>
>I suspect that to control the attack they are filtering ...
>and perhaps your addresses are being filtered.
>
>"As always, please see http://status.dyndns.org/ for off-site status
>information during any outage of www.dyndns.org."

Thanks for you advice, It has nothing to do with DynDNS site, when check
my XP, the auto IP updater works fine but noe the ddclient in FC2.  I
had contacted the original programmer Paul Burry for help by Email and
obtained new hint, and my first try seems working in updating my WAN IP
address as I read the mail issued from ddclient, but I still have to
wait for the next WAN IP change if ddclient this time can really update
my new WAN IP into DynDNS's database record..