Easy Install and Boot from USB Hard Drive?

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Fri Jul 9 16:39:22 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-08 at 16:16, Jim Cornette wrote:
> rab wrote:
>
> > I've asked similar questions before. I've been directed to using
> > mkinitrd but it's kind of complicated. Does anyone know of a Linux
> > distribution that would be easy to install to and boot from a USB hard
> > drive?
>
> I tried two different ways and two diferent computers for installing
> from a USB drive. Neither worked out as expected.

I've tried as well. Some ppl has managed to get it set up. But I sure
can't get it to work. Might be my external casing/hard disk that's nto
working as expected.

I'm gonna try it out on a diff disc and a diff external casing this
time. (My pal agreed to loan one to me for the weekend)

try here for food for thought.
http://simonf.com/usb/
http://benusa.com/linux/boot.htm

--
Ow Mun Heng
Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on D600 1.4Ghz CPU kernel