Cheap webcams

Robert kerplop at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 9 16:48:09 UTC 2004

Kenneth Porter wrote:
> --On Friday, July 09, 2004 10:54 AM +0100 Colin Paul Adams
> <colin at colina.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I found the following three. Has anyone got any of these running under
>> linux?
>

> I'd be interested in the answer to that, and additionally what software
> people use for webcams. I was thinking of setting one up to monitor my
> manufacturing facility at night.

I'm interested too.  I've checked the list at
http://webcam-osx.sourceforge.net/cameras/index.php several times over
the past few months without being too encouraged.  A lot of the models
that are listed as "supported" are listed by the manufacturers as
"discontinued".
If I didn't know better I'd suspect Microsoft of subsidizing some R&D
efforts to develop new models as soon as Open Source drivers become
available for current ones.

--
I'm encased in the lining of a pure pork sausage!!

  11:33:00  up 1 day, 23:34,  8 users,  load average: 0.12, 0.09, 0.07
      One billion seconds ago it was 08:46:20 CST Tue 10/31/72

Repeat after me: "The primary purpose of any government
entity is to employ the unemployable."