What will I lose with plain-vanilla 2.6.x kernel on FC2?

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Sat Jul 10 00:01:26 UTC 2004

On Jul 9, 2004 at 11:42, Steve Snyder in a soothing rage wrote:

>If I opt to use the latest in the 2.6 series of kernels in place of those
>distributed by Fedora, what will I lose?
>
>By "lose" I mean reduced functionality or performance with an unmodified
>kernel, relative to Fedora's tweaked version.
Grab the source to boyh and examine the changelog for the vanilla
kernel and the patches applied to the FC kernel. This should give you
most of the differences between the two. Also check the FC kernel
.spec file for what gets applied how.

N.Emile...
To the systems programmer, users and applications serve only to provide a
test load.
 19:59:28  up 11 days, 13:14,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00