Multiple MACs on a single NIC

Jason Aeschilman jason at fatpipeinc.com
Sat Jul 10 16:02:41 UTC 2004

I'd like to know if this is possible as well.  I know you can manually
assign the MAC using ifconfig, but you can only configure one MAC to a given
physical interface (e.g, eth0).  Is it the kernel or network card driver
that determines the MAC that gets handed out in an ARP request?

Now as for your exact situation "chicks", does your ISP use DHCP to assign
the IPs?  If so, I don't see how you can get your FC2 box to grab more than
one IP anyway.

J.A.K.E.
[ jake1138 AT yahoo DOT com ]