HOWTOs?

Rahul Sundaram rahulsundaram at yahoo.co.in
Sat Jul 10 20:25:39 UTC 2004

Hi

> Thanks very much.
> I'm happy to know that the issue is being addressed,
> and now I look at the main list at http://tldp.org
> I see that there has already been a great
> improvement,
> with all the HOWTOs dated, for a start.
>
> This is a great resource, thank you for your work
> with it.

I havent done anything much. You are welcome anyway

> [The particular HOWTO that caught my attention,
> and caused the above caustic remark,
> was the one on VAIO+Linux dating from 1998
> which is completely useless for any Vaio obtained in
> this century.]

Please report to the discussion list
(discuss at en.tldp.org). Everyone is welcome to discuss
about anything regarding LDP that you would like to
criticise. LDP can use your constructive criticism and
ideas to improve it. If you have any feedback please
be as specific as you can.

A complaint like LDP has outdated docs is very much
useless. Name the specific howto with examples of such
outdated information. Send a email to the author first
and if he/she doesnt respond in a reasonable time
period say two weeks, forward it to the list. If you
have enough knowledge and time to contribute its great
if not LDP can consider moving it to the outdated
list.

I repeat, any ideas to help LDP is most welcome.

regards
Rahul Sundaram