How to convert Ogg Vorbis files to mp3?

Dexter Ang thepoch at mydestiny.net
Sun Jul 11 08:14:41 UTC 2004

Colin Paul Adams wrote:
> How can I convert a .ogg file to a .mp3 file, so I can send it to a
> friend to play on windows?

You could output the .ogg into a .wav file. Then encode that .wav file
into a .mp3 file. It's been discussed before. I posted a link to a site
that has a script to automate this. People here have said this will
result in poor quality, if I remember correctly.

Anyway, why not just send the .ogg file to your friend? Winamp plays
.ogg files these days, or at least since version 2.9x.

dex