ADSL disconnect and reconnect problem

Cosme Faria Corrêa cosme at pcs.srv.br
Sun Jul 11 12:22:45 UTC 2004

I do  not have the machine now, I'm sorry.
I remenber about another messages.

Something about the kernel, I think.

Try to put this line in /etc/syslogd

*.*                                                     /dev/tty6

Restar syslog ( reboot if you do not know how)

All messages will be in tty6 (CTRL-F6)
Start conection manually and watch.

Em Sex, 2004-07-09 às 19:02, Boris Glawe escreveu:

> Cosme Faria Corrêa wrote:
>
> > I have this problem too.
> >
> > Watch /var/log/messages and you will see the messages of the problem.
> >

> /var/log/messages says something about "PAP authentication failed".
> That's not the reason for the problem. I've already (as I've described
> it in the bugreport) contacted the provider's newsgroup and asked,
> whether they have configured a timeout between two connections. They
> haven't. In addition this problem exists only with FC2. I've had no
> problem with FC1.
>
> greets Boris

Cosme Faria Corrêa

PCS - Processos, Consultoria e Soluções Ltda
http://www.pcs.srv.br
55-21-9219-5949
cosme.correa at pcs.srv.br