fc1 : Which mysql version?

Dave Pawson david at dpawson.co.uk
Sun Jul 11 13:25:05 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-11 at 13:40, Thomas Zehetbauer wrote:
> Unfortunately RedHat has a problem with newer MySQL releases being
> available under the GPL so Fedora may not include any more recent
> version either. I suggest you download and use the RPMs from mysql.com

My yum source retrieved 3.23.58 happily enough, using rh sources.
Removal is a bit more of a problem though.

# rpm -q mysql
mysql-3.23.58-4
# rpm -e mysql-3.23.58-4
error: Failed dependencies:
        libmysqlclient.so.10 is needed by (installed)
perl-DBD-MySQL-2.9002-1

I'm assuming I *should* remove them prior to installing 4?

regards DaveP