how to create boot disk

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Jul 11 15:15:23 UTC 2004

Am So, den 11.07.2004 schrieb Arthur Foo um 16:29:

> I have installed Fedora core 2 without Grub boot
> loader. My primary os is windows xp and the Fedora
> resides on 2nd harddisk. During the installation
> process, it does not prompt me to create boot
> diskette. now i cannot boot into Fedora, can anybody
> tell me how?
> thanks a lot

You didn't search this list's archive, don't you?

If your kernel and initial ramdisk image are small enough you can create
a bootdisk using "mkbootdisk". Under many conditions it does not fit on
a floppy and you might create a boot CD.

But dual-boot would work too with booting from harddisk.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.6-1.435.2.3
Serendipity 17:13:05 up 3 days, 23:21, load average: 0.22, 0.59, 0.66