Latest Nvidia Driver

Mark Eggers mdeggers at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 11 16:21:40 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-11 at 09:00, fedora-list-request at redhat.com wrote:

> From: Steve Fink <stevef at netvantix.com>
> Subject: Latest Nvidia Driver

> Everyone,
>
> I guess this is more of a fishing expedition than anything.  I was
> wondering if anyone had been able to get the latest Nvidia driver to
> work with a 4k stack kernel, in 3D mode?

Works fine here.  I'm slowly getting better at UT2004.  My environment
is:

Video Card:
BFG GeForce 5700 LE overclocked 256 MB

Kernel
2.6.6-1.435.2.3 #1 Thu Jul 1 08:25:29 EDT 2004 i686 i686 i386

Driver
NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6106

Make sure that you have all of the non-NVidia libraries out of the way.
Pay attention to the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS in the README.

In particular:

Q: X starts for me, but OpenGL applications terminate immediately.

A: If X starts, but OpenGL causes problems, you most likely have a
   problem with other libraries in the way, or there are stale
   symlinks. See Appendix C for details.  Sometimes, all it takes is
   to rerun 'ldconfig'.

There is a lot more information in the README, but you should have a
complete copy in /usr/share/doc/NVIDIA_GLX-1.0.

/mde/
just my two cents . . . .