Removing a manually installed kernel

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Sun Jul 11 22:12:08 UTC 2004

Patrick Boutilier wrote:
> in /boot remove *<kernel version>* as well. This will get rid of any
> system.map and initrd files associated with the kernels you want to get
> rid of.

Do be careful, though. If you're like me, you might have these files.
vmlinuz-2.6.5
vmlinuz-2.6.5-1.358
vmlinuz-2.6.5-1.358smp

Obviously, rm /boot/*2.6.5* will blow away all three.

This is why Red Hat has rm aliased to rm -i (ask questions) for root.

James.
--
E-mail address: james@ | It is difficult to produce a television documentary
westexe.demon.co.uk    | that is both incisive and probing when every twelve